VANILLA BEAN ALMOND CAKE
There's nothing more valuable for a cook than having a classic, go-to, never-fail cake recipe up your sleeve. Last-minute guests, while always welcome, can bring a bit of stress; however, a great cake to top off a meal rounds an evening off like nothing else can. The prevalence of food allergies can make entertaining difficult, but this cake? Well it takes the cake. Made from almond flour, eggs, sugar, and a bit of milk this is one dessert that can please everyone! Top with chopped toasted nuts, fresh fruit, ice cream, whipped cream...the possibilities are endless!
Makes: one 8x8 in. cake
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour an 8- x 8-inch cake pan (use a gluten-free flour if desired).
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs and sugars for about 5 minutes until very thick and light yellow.
- Add the melted butter, milk, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean caviar and whisk until well-combined.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk for 3 minutes until completely combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes just until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- caviar from one vanilla bean
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt