SEARED PROSCIUTTO & TOASTED ASPARAGUS FRITTATA
Nothing makes a weekend more weekend-y than starting off with a killer brunch on Saturday morning. Mimosas, coffee, and all the other fixin's can kick off a weekend in style, but you don't have to hit up a fancy restaurant to do it right. Making this delicious frittata at home means you can have friends and family over in both comfort and style! Just surround the table with fresh fruit, yogurt, sliced bread and any other goodies you like, then wow them all with this perfect frittata fresh from the oven!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat a 10-inch oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, Parmesan, black pepper and cayenne pepper until light yellow and smooth. Set aside.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet and heat it through.
- Add the asparagus.
- Toss to coat in the oil, then spread into a single layer in the pan.
- Let the asparagus sear for about 4-5 minutes until browned on one side.
- Remove the asparagus from the pan and set aside.
- Add the prosciutto and sear it, stirring constantly, until browned and crispy.
- Remove the prosciutto and set aside.
- Add the remaining half tablespoon to the pan and swirl to coat.
- Add the prosciutto into a single layer in the pan.
- Add the asparagus in a single layer on top of the prosciutto.
- Gently pour the egg mixture evenly over the top of the asparagus.
- Run a thin rubber spatula around the edge of the pan, then place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes until the frittata is just set and a toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into
- 2 cups fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper